Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Pie Making Journey: Intro

Have you ever heard the saying "Easy as pie"? Or my all time favorite, "Pie fixes everything". Well, through the holidays I have been doing a lot of soul searching and discovering a strong desire to try new things. My wonderful, and most understanding, husband bought me the book "Pie", by Ken Haedrich. This is pretty much the bible for pies. It teaches you everything from how to make the dough from scratch, making all types of crust and to making just about every flavor of pie... this book has over 300 recipes. After reading the intro to the book (yes, I'm reading it all), it really felt like something I would like to try, and who knows maybe I will soon be known as the "Pie Lady", or even better, the "Rockin Pie Lady".

A little insight on the name of this blog, Hello Rockin Pies. If anyone who knows me is reading this blog, then they know that I LOVE Hello Kitty! So that is where the "Hello" came from. "Rockin" came from the nickname I gave myself long ago, "Rockin Krizty", because let's face it, I want to be a rockstar. "Pies" came fom, well, pies. Duh.

The plan for this blog is to write about every process of my pie journey. Why do I call it a "pie journey"? Well, I don't bake that much and I sure don't make anything from scratch. While learning different pie stuff I plan to post pictures of pies and the people that receive them. I plan on letting you know how each pie making experience turns out and I'm sure there will be some funny installments for sure and my measuring skills suck, so some of that too. So this being my first blog I hope that you will join me in this journey, at least reading about it and checking out the pictures. My hope is for this blog to make people laugh and have a fun read...

The book is set up to take one pie at a time.. and I am going to start on the first pie and work my way through the book. First pie... (drum roll please...) All Rhubarb Pie... (okay.. should be interesting, stay tuned).

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited/nervous that I get to be your main taste tester! I'm behind you 100% and can't wait to see you progress through your pieventure! Love you, Sweetie. - Your "wondering and most understanding husband"

    ReplyDelete
  2. So when are we making the rhubarb pie? Inquiring minds. I need pics and comments on the making of and the tasting of pie #1. Great blog. :) - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I could not find Rhubarb fresh so this will have to wait.. but I will make one and blog what happened.. I am loooking forward to that never have tasted rhubarb pie

    ReplyDelete